"Clearly, what God wants above all is our will which we received as a free gift from God in creation and possess as though our own. When a man trains himself to acts of virtue, it is with the help of grace from God from whom all good things come that he does this. The will is what man has as his unique possession."
Yoga Poses that Help Build Muscles for Inversions By: Sunny Yogi
For inversions, arm and core strength are really important. Here are some of my favorite poses that I like to incorporate into my practice that help strengthen my body up for inversions.
I am not a certified yoga teacher and these poses are just based off of my experience.
Downward Facing Dog: This pose is great for building up muscle in the arms and shoulders. You can also do 3 legged downward dog to add a stretch in the legs.
Dolphin Pose: This pose is great for shoulders and triceps. This is also a great prep pose for forearm stands.
Chaturanga: I incorporate a lot of these into my practice. Chaturanga’s are great for arm and core strength. You could do a three legged chaturanga if you want to give yourself a little challenge :)
Plank: A great pose for building strength in the core. You can go on your forearms too, if you want.
Side Plank Pose: Good for the core and obliques! You can go on your forearms or play around with you leg placement.
Extended Side Angle Pose: I like to challenge myself by raising both of my arms so only my core is working here. You can clasp your hands in front of you or make them into an “L” shape.
Warrior III: This pose is great for the core and for balance. Your hands can be out in front of you, beside you, in a prayer position, or clasped behind you.
Boat Pose: This is great for the core. I like to fold down to the ground (until I’m like 2 inches from the ground) and hold it there for 3-4 breaths. You can also incorporate crunches into this pose!
Crow Pose: Arm balances are really great for gaining strength in the core AND the arms.
Other tips: Another thing I find that really builds core muscles is going slow and having a lot of control in transitions. Next time you practice, really practice controlling yourself and moving slowly into each pose.
Good luck! And please be patient. Results don’t show up right away. If you start getting discouraged, smile and tell yourself that you can do it! :)
- Daniel Randcliffe's favorite HP book is Chamber of Secrets, Emma Watson's favorite HP book is Prisoner of Azkaban and Rupert Grint's favorite HP book is The Goblet of Fire.
- Neville asked the Sorting Hat to be put in Hufflepuff because he found Gryffindor's reputation bravery intimidating.
- Most of the members of the Black family are named after stars.
- Voldemort cannot love because he was conceived under the effects of a Love Potion.
- The first Harry Potter novel was published in 1998, the same year that the final Battle of Hogwarts take place. "I open at the close."
- J.K. Rowling has said that when she took an online Sorting Hat quiz it sorted her into Hufflepuff.
- Both Sirius and Fred, Hogwarts pranksters from different generations, died laughing.
- Tom Marvolo Riddle is also an anagram for "immortal odd lover."
- Slytherin house was the first and last house mentioned in the series.
- October 9 of 1995, Dumbledore's Army meets in the Room of Requirement for the first time to practice the Disarming Charm.
- In the movie scene "Nineteen Years Later", Tom Felton's girlfriend Jade Gordon makes an appearance as Draco's wife, Astoria Greengrass.
- Voldemort is bald because this way people can't use his hair in a Polyjuice Potion.
- Ron's Patronus is a Jack Russel Terrier, which are know for chasing otters. Hermione's Patronus happens to be an otter.
- Voldemort's Boggart would take the shape of his own corpse, since death was his greatest fear.
- Voldemort was 71 years old when he died on May 2, 1998.
- A Patronus is a physical representation of one's soul. Since James Potter's is a stag and Lily's is a doe, they are literally soul mates.
- Molly Weasley's brothers Gideon and Fabian were killed by Death Eaters in the first war.
- Even though he feared death, Voldemort could not become a ghost because his soul was so damaged.
- George would never be able to evoke a Patronus Charm after Fred's death.
- A Patronus often mutates to take the image of the love one's life because they so often become the happy thought that generates a Patronus.
- Bellatrix Lestrange is actually in love with Voldemort.
- After Kingsley Shacklebolt became the new Minister of Magic, he told all who participated in the Battle of Hogwarts they could have a job as an Auror without N.E.W.T.s.
- Snape hates Neville so much because Neville could have been the other Chosen One, meaning that Lily would have to survived.
- The third scent Hermione could smell emanating from the Amortentia (love potion) was that of Ron's hair.
- Minerva McGonagall played on the Gryffindor Quidditch team while she attended Hogwarts.
- The Elder Wand is the only known wand in existence with a hair from the tail of a Thestral at its core.
- Dumbledore was gay, and he was in love with Grindelwald.
Print available here: